[seqfan] Re: A090709 Decimal primes whose decimal representation in base 6 is also prime.

Veikko Pohjola veikko at nordem.fi
Sun Jan 5 11:54:11 CET 2014

Originally the naming of a sequence built from the converted forms of decimal primes "Decimal primes whose decimal representation in base b is also prime" appears in all those published with b = 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7, that is A089971, A089981, A090707, A090708, A090709 and A090710 (all by the same author) and with b = hex in A103144 (by another author).

Now A090707, A090708, A090709 have been renamed for b = 4, 5 and 6 as ”Primes whose decimal representation is a valid number in base b and interpreted as such is again a prime”

A090710 has been renamed ”Primes with digits less that 7 whose decimal representation is also a prime when interpreted in base 7”.

A089971, A089981 appear still under the original title for b = 2 and 3. I propose that these will be renamed appropriately.
(A089981 is crossreferenced in A089974. Why?)

A103144 is not a sequence built from the converted forms of decimal primes but a sequence of the decimal primes themselves subjected to the conversion. Thus its naming seems acceptable, but there are now various namings for the same purpose:
"Decimal primes whose decimal representation in hex is also prime"
”Primes which when written in base 4 then interpreted in base again give primes” (A065722)
”Primes whose base-10 representation also represents a prime in base b” with b=13 and 17 (A235110, A235126)
Should there be some unification of the terminology?
Regards, Veikko