[seqfan] Re: As much as I hate "base" sequences...

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Thu Jan 23 01:52:59 CET 2014

Ouch, this sequences if full of chuff.
Even the visible values are mostly -1.

A much better sequence would be "Number of steps for A114440(n) to reach 1".
This would skip the values that never reach 1.
It would be much better use of OEIS real estate.
In fact, the sequence would be finite, and all the interesting elements
could be included in a b-file.
Hans could pound out a b-file in no time.

As much as I hate "base" sequences, I hate sequences with "or -1 if
undefined" even more.
If the OEIS supported index sequences, we could create your sequence above
with index sequence A114440.
Then you could submit only the values at elements of A114440.

A235600(x)