[seqfan] Re: ApSimon's Mints counterexample

Tanya Khovanova tanyakh at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 21 03:25:47 CEST 2014

There are 4 sequences in the database that have a subsequence 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 28, 51. If the next term is not 92 or 93, then the ApSimon's mint sequence becomes unique.

Also if (12,12,7,7,1,2,0) and (12,0,8,2,7,3,2) is the only solution for 7 mints, then a(8) >= 64. Proof: If there is a solution for 8 mints, then removing the mint that uses the largest number of coins we get a solution for 7 mints.