[seqfan] Re: A006899, A108906 and similar sequences : divergence proof?

Max Alekseyev maxale at gmail.com
Mon May 26 16:48:01 CEST 2014

Catalan's conjecture (and its generalizations) is an overkill here. When
power bases are fixed, the problem becomes much easier. E.g., one does not
need Mihailesu's proof (which is rather complicated) to find all solutions
to 2^x - 3^y = 1 or -1 as this equation can be solved directly by
elementary means.

Regards,
Max