[seqfan] Re: A006899, A108906 and similar sequences : divergence proof?

jean-paul allouche jean-paul.allouche at imj-prg.fr
Mon May 26 16:36:15 CEST 2014

Hi
The statement for n = 1 is a particular case of Catalan's conjecture,
[proven by Preda Miha ̆ilescu, see, e.g., the expository paper
http://archive.numdam.org/ARCHIVE/SB/SB_2002-2003__45_/SB_2002-2003__45__1_0/SB_2002-2003__45__1_0.pdf
]
The geenral case is known as Pillai's conjecture, see, e.g.,
http://hal.upmc.fr/docs/00/40/51/19/PDF/PerfectPowers.pdf

best
jpa