[seqfan] Re: Algebraic numbers of high degree

Frank Adams-Watters franktaw at netscape.net
Sun Nov 2 07:23:06 CET 2014

Any number which is an actual physical measurement cannot be assumed to
be algebraic. So, in A248424, if an AU was defined as "the average
distance of the Earth from the Sun", we would not be able to call that
number algebraic. But in fact, that number can be simply calculated; no
observations are required.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters