[seqfan] Re: [The Tiling List] Coordination sequences for planar nets

Darrah Chavey chavey at beloit.edu
Mon Nov 24 00:29:19 CET 2014

One of the interesting structural elements of the vertices at distance d from the center is that when we connect them by the edges of the tiling, then they fall into C(d) connected components, and when d > 5, C(d) = C(d–5) + 6. This is one geometric correlation with the length 5 periodicity of the coordination sequence. It also means that Brad's suspicion that "there will be a finite number of circumference-segments" is not correct -- assuming that I have correctly interpreted what he means by "circumference segments".

the number of connected components