[seqfan] Re: A033791

Wouter Meeussen wouter.meeussen at telenet.be
Thu Oct 16 14:59:50 CEST 2014

David,

if I interpret your definition of carry-free frequencies correctly, then
the number of carry-free partitions of n equals A018819
"Binary partition function: number of partitions of n into powers of 2".
Can you confirm?

It is quite easy to extend both sequences to 128 terms, and they are
perfectly equal.
In the light of the above connection to A018819, the conjectured equality
seems plausible if
you consider the implementation of the theta_2 in terms of products of
x^2^d.

In Mathematica v. 10.0.1 : (*honni soit qui mal y pense *)

carryfree[{li__Integer}]:=Block[{m,freq},
freq=Sort[Map[Last,Tally[{li}]]];m=Max[freq];Max[Total[IntegerDigits[freq,2,1+Floor[Log[2,m]]]]]<2];
your definition :
Table[Count[IntegerPartitions[n,All, Table[ k (k+1)
2,{k,2+Floor[Sqrt[2n  ]]}]],q_/;carryfree[q]],{n,128}]
{1,1,2,1,2,3,3,2,3,4,3,6,5,5,7,6,6,7,6,9,10, ...
,237,221,220,246,225,242,262,243,249}

same as A033791 :

t[z_]:=Sum[z^(i (i+1)/2),{i,0,16}];
CoefficientList[Series[Product[t[x^2^d],{d,0,10}],{x,0,128}],x]

you just need to properly adapt the limits in the definition of t[z] (upto
16) and in the product t[x^2^d] (up to 10) over d .

Nice find! Keep up the good work, David!

Wouter.