[seqfan] Some roots of 3

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 04:07:06 CEST 2014

For some reason, the OEIS has the decimal expansions of the square root of
6, cubic root of 6, fourth root of 6, ... seventeenth root of 6. But not
the sixth, seventh or eighth roots of 3, but there is an entry for the
ninth root of 3 (which was put in because it's the twenty-seventh root of
27). I know that because I compiled this:
https://oeis.org/wiki/3#Roots_and_powers_of_3

I would think those roots of 3 should be a higher reference priority than
roots of 6 beyond the cubic root. I think those (specifically the sixth,
seventh and eighth) should be added. As for where the cutoff should be, I
would say that, in the absence of interest beyond the lexicographical, the
tenth root of 3 should be the cutoff.

Al

--
Alonso del Arte