[seqfan] Signed A088306

Frank Adams-Watters franktaw at netscape.net
Tue Sep 9 04:53:50 CEST 2014

https://oeis.org/A088306 Positive integers n with |tan n| > n.

It occurs to me that with a small change to the definition, more
information can be supplied for this sequence. The proposed definition
is "Numbers n such that tan(n) > abs(n), ordered by abs(n)." This will
produce a signed sequence, whose absolute values match the current
sequence, and the signs will indicate whether the particular tan(n) is
positive or negative.

I am reasonably certain that this sequence should be in the OEIS. The
question is, should it be A088306, or a new sequence? If the change was
anything more than supplying signs to an unsigned sequence, there would
be no question that it should be a new sequence. As it is, I am
uncertain how to proceed.

I did start to add the sequence, and got the message "Warning: sequence
may be in OEIS already. If possible, please provide enough terms to
distinguish it from these other sequences." because, of course, the
values do match A088306 except for sign.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters