[seqfan] Re: Signing contributions

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Mon Sep 1 05:08:15 CEST 2014

I think that cross-references, references, links, and examples should not
normally be signed. If you have a cross-reference that is sufficiently
unobvious that you feel the need to sign it, probably you should explain
the connection as a comment (which you would sign).

I'm not automatically opposed to signing those sections in extraordinary
cases but as in my xref example it's usually a sign that you're doing
something conceptually wrong.

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University