[seqfan] Zeros in sequences; old subject was: problems with A022920

Heinz, Alois alois.heinz at hs-heilbronn.de
Sat Aug 8 03:27:20 CEST 2015

Am 08.08.2015 um 00:25 schrieb David Corneth:
> Yes, that's what I mean, thank you. It doesn't change my initial question
> though. (I heard this myself once on the sequence
> http://oeis.org/history?seq=A254129&start=40 which is why I asked here.)

http://oeis.org/wiki/Style_Sheet#Data

   "If every second term is zero (A, 0, B, 0, C, 0, D, 0, E, ...) then
normally we omit
   the zeros and list the sequence as A, B, C, D, E, ..."

There may be some rare exceptions to this rule in the OEIS.
Sometimes it is not clear from the beginning that the terms behave like
this.

But old sequences (A022920 is from 1998) will not be reformatted.

Best regards,

Alois