[seqfan] Re: A133579

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 03:13:06 CET 2015

First, about A133580: the definition was correct, and the terms were
correct, but the offset should have been 0.  I changed the offset and added
some example lines to clarify the situation.

The b-file is now wrong, unfortunately (Harvey, could you correct it?), and
probably the programs also need correcting.

Following Franklin's hint, this suggests that the correct
definition of A133579 should be:

a(0)=a(1)=1; for n>1, a(n) = 3*a(n-1)  if a(n-1) and n are coprime,
otherwise a(n) = a(n-1)/gcd(a(n-1),n).

This almost matches the terms, but there is a mistake at
a(6), I believe, - as Harvey noticed - so it
needs to be recomputed. (a(6) should be 1 not 9). The offset is also wrong,
it should be 0, and I will fix that.

Best regards
Neil

Email: njasloane at gmail.com