[seqfan] Re: Is there any problems with this proof?

John W. Nicholson reddwarf2956 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 05:04:01 CET 2015

Alexei Kourbatov,
First of all thanks for being clear with your concerns. Second, do remember the note:

"All gaps g_i = p_{i+1} − p_i, where p_i < p_y are g_i <= G_n(x)."

Maybe I need to add the following:

Under the assumption that the smaller gap is p_{y-b+1} - p_{y-b} = G_n(x), we see that the larger gap is p_{y+1} - p_y <= 2*G_n(x).

Is that OK? John W. Nicholson