[seqfan] Re: Parking lot for bad drivers

M. F. Hasler oeis at hasler.fr
Sat Jul 18 17:42:12 CEST 2015

This example shows that a(n) >= (n - floor(n/3)) x (n - floor((n+2)/3))
for this sequence (which is an IMHO more realistic definition of the
parking lot problem, but does not satisfy the initially set condition
of not parking next to two occupied squares)

and thus (I conjecture, at least) a(n) ~ (2n/3)^2 just like A181018.

Maximilian