[seqfan] Re: Help updating a b-file

L. Edson Jeffery lejeffery2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 18:22:04 CET 2015

>It should have been uploaded as b094777_1.txt and renamed to b094777.txt
>when approved, and the history shows that this is just what happened, but
>the current b094777.txt is the short one. How strange.

Charles,

The same problem occurs when uploading revisions to PDFs and other files.
As it is now, I think that the original and all edited versions are kept in
the database, which is bad because the purpose of a revision is often to
correct errors in the previous version.

At the time of uploading, it would be nice to be given the option to
overwrite the existing file. Overwriting the file would still have to be
approved by the editors, and I always try to give a brief explanation of
the revision.

Ed Jeffery