[seqfan] Re: Help updating a b-file

Ray Chandler rayjchandler at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 10 19:55:31 CET 2015

> >It should have been uploaded as b094777_1.txt and renamed to
> >b094777.txt when approved, and the history shows that this is just what
> >happened, but the current b094777.txt is the short one. How strange.
>

> Charles,
>
> The same problem occurs when uploading revisions to PDFs and other files.
> As it is now, I think that the original and all edited versions are kept in the
> database, which is bad because the purpose of a revision is often to correct
> errors in the previous version.
>
> At the time of uploading, it would be nice to be given the option to overwrite
> the existing file. Overwriting the file would still have to be approved by the
> editors, and I always try to give a brief explanation of the revision.
>
> Ed Jeffery

Ed,
The symptoms you describe can best be explained by browser cache.  You may need to force a reload of the page in question in order to see the revised file.  This is done in Internet Explorer with the Ctrl-F5 keystroke combination, but is done by various other ways by different browsers.  The issue is not with how the file is being handled on the OEIS server, but rather the behavior of your local browser.
Ray