[seqfan] Re: about A011971

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sat May 2 23:01:50 CEST 2015

Roger said:
> In the notice about A011971, in the second line of comments, it is
written that if  P is the lower-triangular Pascal-matrix, then the
triangular matrix A011971 (Bell-Aitken-Peirce triangle)  is exp(P)/exp(1).
I think it is not.

Correct (as Robert Israel already said)!  In fact, exp(P)/exp(1) is the
array in A056857,
as the following crude Maple program reveals::

with(LinearAlgebra);
Digits:=20;
f:=n->[seq(binomial(n,i),i=0..5)];
e1:=evalf(exp(1));