[seqfan] Re: Musical information about a sequence

Antti Karttunen antti.karttunen at gmail.com
Mon May 25 04:42:09 CEST 2015

Veikko wrote in http://list.seqfan.eu/pipermail/seqfan/2015-May/014904.html

This is now in https://oeis.org/draft/A258200

This is now https://oeis.org/draft/A258022

> and their differences…

It is:
1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1,
1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1,
1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1,
1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1,
1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1,
1, 2, 1, 2
but I didn't create that yet.

Also, I created
https://oeis.org/draft/A258021
"Eventual fixed point of map x -> floor(tan(x)) when starting the
iteration with the initial value x = n."

and

https://oeis.org/draft/A258020
"Number of steps to reach either 0 or 1 with map x -> floor(tan(x))
when starting iteration with the initial value x = n. "

Now, because I don't trust that in MIT/GNU Scheme (floor->exact (tan
n)) would not at some point be one off because of the loss of the
precision, I didn't try to compute b-file for any of these sequences.
Could somebody with real CAS (and the knowledge how tweaking various
parameters affects that risk) do that, up to say a few thousands at
least? (For A258020 and A258200 at least).

Regards,

Antti