[seqfan] Re: metadata for Mathematica code

Frank Adams-Watters franktaw at netscape.net
Thu Nov 12 17:37:09 CET 2015

To expand on this, it was never intended that all these programs should be compatible without modification. It is expected that a user can rename variables and functions if need be. Unlike most programming environments, terseness is a more important virtue here than having meaningful names.

Also, while a mnemonic function name for the most common sequences is easy enough, I would estimate that this is true for less than 1% of the sequences in the database. Look at how long the typical name field is.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters