[seqfan] Re: metadata for Mathematica code

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 18:34:37 CET 2015

In my opinion, the only valid reason to reject a Mathematica program is if
it fails to deliver the correct results. An editor who sees why the program
goes wrong can and should fix it, but that's less likely to happen if the
program is a confusing mess of cryptic symbols and other programming
don't's.

Brevity, meaningfulness: that's not an either-or proposition, it's more of
a continuum with trade-offs. For example, what do you name a function that
tests if a number is a palindrome?

   - palindromicNumberTestingFunction
   - palindromicQ
   - palQ