[seqfan] Re: metadata for Mathematica code

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Fri Nov 13 07:13:56 CET 2015

Also worth mentioning are the possibility of malformed and even malicious
code. But we never expected a perfect test for functions, in light of
Rice's theorem. It should suffice to give responses "programs are
consistent", "programs are inconsistent", and "I can't tell". I think the
third should be rare enough (< 10%, say) that it doesn't invalidate the
general approach.

I have been doing testing of PARI/GP functions lately, using only ones
following my preferred naming scheme, and I actually haven't had many
problems so far (and I managed to find a decent number of errors, most
minor though).

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University