[seqfan] A071030 == A118109 (Wolfram C.A. Rule 54)

Michael De Vlieger mike at vincico.com
Wed Oct 7 23:14:33 CEST 2015

Folks, this is my first post, apologies if I have made an error.

I am going through all the sequences having to do with Stephen Wolfram's
cellular automaton "Rules". I've already gone through Rules 28 and 30 at
https://oeis.org/wiki/Index_to_OEIS:_Section_Ce#cell.

Rule 54 has three sequences. Sequence A118109 appears to be a duplicate of
A071030. It ought to feature each row of Rule 54 as a binary number, but
instead lists each "bit" as does A071030. In effect it ought to be the
binary version of A118108 per the Title. I wrote about it in the pink boxes
of a recent edit.

I leave it to the senior editors to decide what to do since this is a long
standing sequence. I have a program that would generate the sequence
described by the title, as well as the resultant data. Please advise.

Also, if there is anything I could do to improve the edits/contributions,
please advise. (I don't have access to maths journals.)

Cordially,

Michael Thomas De Vlieger, AIA, AIGA

President, Vinci LLC

5106 Hampton Avenue Suite 204