[seqfan] Re: Sequences that use '-1' to indicate 'impossible'.

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 20:55:29 CEST 2015

Charles, was this addressed to me?

To be clear: are you saying that all "... or -1 if no such number exists"
sequences should havw keyword:sign, even if no such n is known?

Me: no, certainly not. Only if there is a known negative term.
Actually, the original meaning of the keyword "sign"
was to indicate that there is a -1 in the DATA section.
If all the DATA terms are nonnegative, then the keyword
is nonn even if there is known to be a -1 later in the sequence.

I thought that was the definition of nonn and sign. When did it change?

Best regards
Neil

Email: njasloane at gmail.com