[seqfan] Re: Cannonicalizing factorization matrices

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Tue Aug 2 20:50:42 CEST 2016

PARI/GP. Sorry, I meant to send this there instead of here! Although we do
have a fair number of PARI users here.

> In Maple, ifactors(n)[2] will produce something like
[[2,1],[3,1],[5,2]].  There are never repeats of primes or exponents of 0.
The primes are not necessarily in order, but you can sort the result.

PARI/GP uses a similar format, and always gives the primes in order without
any 0 exponents. But you can modify the factorization matrix (like you
could for any other matrix) and denormalize it.

Charles Greathouse
Case Western Reserve University