[seqfan] Re: Pieces of cake sequence A265286 and a question

Max Alekseyev maxale at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 16:08:23 CET 2016

Allan, thank you for sharing this clever trick!
I'm not sure though if it can practically help here as finding even a
single solution takes much time already for n=6,7. And I don't remember if
I ever got solution for n=8 with the MILP approach.
Going for all solutions one-by-one will multiply the running time
significantly (also there will be many solutions differing just in the
order of pieces, which we don't really want to distinguish).
Anyway, I can probably run this approach for n=5 and see what all the
solutions look like.
Regards,
Max