[seqfan] Re: A269526, an infinite Sudoku-type array

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 20:42:12 CEST 2016

Rob, I created a new entry A274177 for the solution to the nonattacking
queens on a triangular board (and I corrected the comment and the reference
in A004396).

For a board of size K (with K(K+1)/2) squares, as you say, the max number
is roughly 2K/3. This is enough to complete Bob's proof that every row in
A269526 is a permutation.

Proving that the diagonals are permutations will involve a similar argument
although I didn't check all the details yet.

Best regards
Neil

Email: njasloane at gmail.com