[seqfan] Re: Your recent Flavius Josephus's sieve related sequence. (and to Olivier: Problem with SeqFan-archives?)

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Thu Nov 24 16:52:52 CET 2016

A193764 and A278484 are both O(n^2), but they don't grow at exactly same rate.

For A193764 we have:
%F For n > 6, except n = 13, a(n) = n^2 + 4 - Floor((n+2)^2/5).
so that

	A193764(n) ~ 0.8 n^2.

For A278484 we have
%F a(n) = A000960(n + 1) - 1. (Note: This is provable, so I removed the NJAS comment asking if it is a conjecture).
and for A000960 we have
%F Let F(n) = number of terms <= n. Andersson, improving results of Brun, shows that F(n) = 2 sqrt(n/Pi) + O(n^(1/6)). Hence a(n) grows like Pi n^2 / 4.
so

	A278484(n) ~ pi/4 n^2 ~=  0.78539 n^2.