[seqfan] Proof of Legendre's Conjecture? and a request for advice

Bob Selcoe rselcoe at entouchonline.net
Thu Oct 13 18:44:06 CEST 2016

Dear Seqfans,

I believe I can prove Legendre's Conjecture, i.e., that there exists at
least one prime in [(n-1)^2, (n^2].  The proof is short (about 2 pages in a
3-page paper in Word) and fairly straightforward, I think.

Hopefully it is error-free or requires only minor revisions; of course,
it may have deeper flaws.  Either way, I would like to present the paper for
peer review.  If the proof is correct, I think it could have some impact on
many integer sequences.

Since I have no experience formatting and submitting journal articles,  I
reached out to a friend (professor and researcher at Scripps and Caltech,
not a mathematician) for advice on how to proceed; he contacted a prominent
officer in the MAA on my behalf, who suggested I first contact one of the
editors on OEIS for this purpose.  Since I have not heard back from the
editor after nearly 3 weeks, I am asking advice from the general
community here.

Would someone please be willing to assist me?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob Selcoe