[seqfan] Re: Proof of Legendre's Conjecture? and a request for advice

Bob Selcoe rselcoe at entouchonline.net
Sun Oct 16 05:51:00 CEST 2016

Dear Seqfans,

Many thanks to those who have responded - including those who (wisely)
expressed skepticism that the proof is correct.  I realize it's a long shot;
but as far as I can tell there's nothing disputable about anything in the
paper except possibly one thing that will make or break the proof.  Of
course, that "one thing" could be wrong, but hopefully not.

I've gotten several requests to read the paper, and a variety of
recommendations on how to proceed -  ranging from putting it out as soon as
possible on ArXiv and submit it to a journal so others can review it, to
proceeding with caution so as not to disclose too much until friend of a
friend with expertise in this area has a chance to check it for flaws.  My
initial thought was just put it out there, but for now I'm going to wait a
little bit to see if the expert is willing to review it first.

Since I'm not a professional scholar, if anyone else has advice on the
matter I'm all ears.

And I will certainly forward a copy to anyone interested, once I make the
decision to make it available.

Thanks again,
Bob