[seqfan] Re: Two missing sequences based on the "semicircles on a line" problem A290447

Rob Pratt Rob.Pratt at sas.com
Fri Aug 11 23:12:03 CEST 2017

The first match is:
http://oeis.org/A055795

It has formula:
a(n) = A000127(n)-1

And http://oeis.org/A000127 has this description:
A000127   Maximal number of regions obtained by joining n points around a circle by straight lines. Also number of regions in 4-space formed by n-1 hyperplanes.
(Formerly M1119 N0427)

Does "unrolling" the circle to a straight line change the straight lines to semicircles and lose one region that becomes unbounded, so that accounts for the -1?

And does uniform spacing yield the maximum number of regions?