[seqfan] Re: Periodicity of seqs mod m - research idea

Hans Havermann gladhobo at bell.net
Sun Feb 19 16:22:49 CET 2017

Harvey: "A fairly new function in Mathematica version 10 is FindTransientRepeat."

>= version 10.4

Neil: "This worries me. Without independent verification I would not accept the results of a secret program like that."

FindTransientRepeat[list,n] returns a pair of lists {transient,repeat} where the elements of repeat occur successively at least n times at the end of list.

Mathematica does not conjecture what happens after the provided, necessarily-finite list.