[seqfan] Re: A195264

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 07:25:03 CEST 2017

I wish I understood that construction!  I can see he is looking
for a number n = x*p which is fixed
under our map f() = A080670(). Here p is a prime which is greater than any
prime dividing x, so
f(n) = f(x)*10^y + p,
where y is the length of p.
We want f(n) = n, so f(x)*10^y = p*(x-1),
so
10^y*f(x)/(x-1) = p

Now we are told that x = 1047*10^y + 1 is a good choice..
But I didn't find any value of y (or p) that would work, so I must
be missing something.

Best regards
Neil

Email: njasloane at gmail.com