[seqfan] Re: Distribution of the Prime Numbers in a Polynomial

israel at math.ubc.ca israel at math.ubc.ca
Tue May 16 17:44:54 CEST 2017

Nonsense. For example, there are no primes in the sequence n^2 + 2 n + 1.
Bunyakovsky's conjecture states that a polynomial f(n) has infinitely many
primes if 1) it is irreducible, 2) its leading coefficient is positive, and
3) f(n) have no common prime factor. But this is still very much open. In
fact, we don't even know a single nonlinear polynomial that provably
contains infinitely many primes.

Cheers,
Robert Israel