[seqfan] Re: Knights-move Ulam-Warburton - nice problem

Allan Wechsler acwacw at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 03:30:07 CET 2018

I think few of us would disagree that the long-term answer is to replace
the current canned, precomputed graphs with an HTML5-based graphing tool,
which would allow the OEIS user to fiddle with scaling and transformation
of graphs completely on the browser side, placing no additional load on the
server, and allowing researchers to follow intuitions of the kind that led
me to ask for this particular graph to be rescaled.

I also understand that this would take a respectable development effort,
and I don't expect to see it soon.

Finally, I have to confess that the rescaling I asked for revealed exactly
nothing, completely violating my expectations. My intuition was completely
wrong in this case.

That just makes the mystery of this sequence deeper. It looks like chaos --
and then magically, at every 2^n+1 step, the stars align and the value
drops to 8. It's witchcraft. Can anyone prove any of Hasler's experimental
observations?