[seqfan] Do you know somebody of Project Gutenberg's staff?

Georg.Fischer georg.fischer at t-online.de
Mon Dec 31 17:22:18 CET 2018

Hello,

while chasing for broken links in the OEIS I stumbled
over the strange fact that *all* files of Project Gutenberg (PG)
are blocked in Germany.

Details are described in <https://cand.pglaf.org/germany/index.html>,
but as I understand it PG lost a copyright lawsuit against
S. Fischer Verlag in Frankfurt/Germany because PG offers *18* German
titles of Thomas Mann (Buddenbrooks), Heinrich Mann and Alfrd Döblin,
In Germany the copyright expires only 70 years after the death of
the authors (in 1950, 1955 and 1957).

Subsequently PG implemented a total blocking of German users,
not a selective one for those 18 titles. Therefore we also cannot
currently access links to *Project Gutenberg files in 58 OEIS sequences*.

My question is whether there is anybody in the OEIS community
who knows somebody in the staff of Project Gutenberg.

With my good wishes for the New Year -
Georg
(from the Black Forest in south-west Germany)