[seqfan] Re: Another characterization of A244031?

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Tue May 8 17:45:07 CEST 2018

Concerning A244031, about which Maximilan said

`The current definition is indeed a bit "obfuscated" (i.e. useless
complicated), and I'd be in favour of the proposed rephrasing.`

let me say that I prefer the original definition, which is

Positive numbers n such that the quadratic form x^2+n*y^2 does not
represent a prime strictly between n and 2n.

and is based on the paper by my friends Bill Jagy and Kap Kaplansky.
I don't agree that it is "useless complicated".

Best regards
Neil

Email: njasloane at gmail.com