[seqfan] Re: The most and least interesting sequences not in OEIS

Thomas Baruchel baruchel at gmx.com
Mon Sep 17 17:42:49 CEST 2018

On Sun, 16 Sep 2018, Keith F. Lynch wrote:
> The nth term is when pi was first known to have been correctly
> calculated to at least 10^n decimal places (or the equivalent
> precision in some other notation).  It really shows the astonishing
> progress in computer hardware and software.

Hi,

while not being really fond of such sequences, here is still a hint for
your 0-term: I always heard about the Bible containing a sentence where
some relationship occurs between diameter and circumference. Obviously people
thought that circumference was 3 times the diameter. See

     https://www.purplemath.com/modules/bibleval.htm

If you think it can be taken as an approximation for Pi, then your
initial date could be set earlier.

Regards,

--
Thomas Baruchel