[seqfan] Re: Forcing of exact searches?

Brendan McKay Brendan.McKay at anu.edu.au
Fri Aug 9 10:03:23 CEST 2019

Hi Neil,  I'm surprised you mention only one annoying thing about
relying on grep.   Another is that phrases split across lines in the
internal format won't be found.  So any search for a phrase with
two or more words might fail.

There are messy ways to do multiline searches with standard unix
utilities, but the simplest way is to install "pcregrep".

Cheers, Brendan.