[seqfan] Re: Need help with puzzling sequence A118980

John W. Nicholson reddwarf2956 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 12 16:52:10 CEST 2019

Maybe there is a hint here: A118980
John W. Nicholson

    On Sunday, August 11, 2019, 10:00:19 PM CDT, Neil Sloane <njasloane at gmail.com> wrote:

 PS Probably someone will see the answer right away.  If not,
and if I had an assistant, I would say:
Siri, there are fewer than 20K sequences with keyword tabl.
so make a list of all those that are lower triangular matrices with top
left entry 1.
Take all the 6X6 upper triangular matrices with top left entry 1.
Call this list L.
We are trying to find the matrix A,

[1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0;

2, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0;

6, 5, 2, 0, 0, 0;

14, 22, 18, 6, 0, 0;

34, 85, 118, 84, 24, 0;

82, 311, 660, 780, 480, 120]

Siri, please take every entry B in the list L,
and see if any of B*A, inverse(B)*A, A*B, A*inverse(B) are in L.
If so, tell me, and I will set you free.