[seqfan] Re: Need help with puzzling sequence A118980

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 00:33:35 CEST 2019

By looking more carefully at Richard Mathar's work from 2011, I was able to
straighten out the mess.
There is a new sequence A309220 that replaces the missing "A118979",
and A118980 is now well-defined and edited. Ditto for A118981.

The key was Richard Mathar's 2011 conjecture that A104509 drives the bus.

I took A104509 as the starting point, and defined the other sequences
in terms of it.  A118980 and A309220 have Maple code, based on Robert
Israel's  Maple code for A104509.