[seqfan] Re: Number of permutations in S_n with complexity k

Olivier Gerard olivier.gerard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 02:46:39 CET 2019

Dear Neil,

This triangle is already in the OEIS because this is just the unsigned
Stirling numbers of the first kind in reverse horizontal order.

A094638

This is easy to see as you subtract the number of cycles to the size of the
permutation.

This measure of "complexity" is equivalent to the number of cycles.

Olivier