[seqfan] Re: Number of permutations in S_n with complexity k

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 16:13:20 CET 2019

Thanks Alois and Olivier  for those very helpful replies. I have added
comments about the complexity of permutations to both A008275 and A094638.

Just to clarify things, the number of perms of 1..n with complexity k =
number of perms with n-k cycles,
for k=0..n-1.

For n=5, the number of perms of 1..n with complexity k  for k=0..4 are
1,10,35,50,24.
The 10 of complexity 1 are the transpositions of form (12)(3)(4)(5) with 4
cycles.

Best regards
Neil

Email: njasloane at gmail.com