[seqfan] Re: linear recurrence multiples

Fred Lunnon fred.lunnon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 22:33:58 CEST 2019

  On reflection, the chinese remainder theorem has nothing to do with it!
The point is rather that there are in general an awful lot of solutions
to the equation  c_r = m , many of which are not very interesting:
for instance, when  a_r = -1  we can always just choose  Q(E) = -m .
Even insisting that (say)  GCD(b_0, ...,b_r) = 1 , or similarly for
P Q , is not going to improve this situation a great deal.

  So as I (and other respondents) have already made clear, the extra
constraints implicit in the notion of a "formula" need to be made
explicit before further progress with your enquiry can be made!

WFL