[seqfan] Java implementations update

Sean A. Irvine sairvin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 00:00:25 CEST 2019

Thanks to recent contributions by Georg Fischer, the collection of Java
programs for OEIS sequences (jOEIS) now has implementations for over 58200
sequences, especially concentrated in A-numbers less than A024000.  We are
currently covering about 1/6 of all sequences.

The main aim of the project is to validate sequence data in the OEIS.

The entire project is available on github:

https://github.com/archmageirvine/joeis

To the extent possible, these implementations are regularly tested against
the data lines in the corresponding sequences.  Georg has done extensive
testing against b-files, leading to numerous corrections in the OEIS (and
to be fair, in the implementations as well).

Georg and I are looking for additional contributors of Java code or of
other algorithms which cover some number of sequences.  The following link
is those A-numbers below A024000 for which we do not currently have an
implementation:

https://github.com/archmageirvine/joeis/blob/master/src/irvine/oeis/notdone.dat

Some of these are inherently hard, but in many cases it is lack of
information that prevents implementation.  Many currently have no useful
program (or formula) in any language and are thus good candidates for
general improvement in the OEIS.

Sean.