[seqfan] Re: Java implementations update

Fred Lunnon fred.lunnon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 03:10:51 CEST 2019

<< Georg and I are looking for additional contributors of Java code or of
other algorithms which cover some number of sequences. >>
  I am unable to parse this --- are you soliciting only Java programs, or in
other languages as well; and if the latter, which others are acceptable?

  Presumably Java programs (for unbounded sequences at least) must
abandon arithmetic expressions in favour of explicit  BigInteger  function
calls, considerably reducing their legiblility?

  [ I have to confess to abandoning Java in disgust after the distributor
casually disabled the only feature for which I would countenance
overlooking its appallingly obsolete syntax and permanently broken
concurrent process model, which was its precious ability to run an
interactive applet at a remote site without hindrance while browsing.

  Never forget how easily in the online world a stroke of a keyboard
in some big tech office can obliterate many years work by a multitude
of individuals, without recourse to compensation! ]

WFL