[seqfan] Re: Getting an integer sequence for a specific song - new keywords "cult", "depr"?

Georg.Fischer georg.fischer at t-online.de
Mon Jun 17 12:50:31 CEST 2019

I'm inclined to Antti's preference for OEIS->music
over music->OEIS.

In the latter case I would like to see a keyword

   "cult" = "cultural", "socl" = "social", "nmat" =
   "non-mathematical" (or whatever you invent),

which would allow to block such sequences from any
mechanical attempt to find a generating function or
linear recurrence, generate a program etc. for them.

That's not to say that such "cult" sequences should
not enter the OEIS (I just entered one) - I would
only prefer if they were clearly marked.
----
If new keywords would be contemplated at all
(I have the impression that such discussions were
given up long before my time), I would also propose
a less drastical companion of "dead" and "dumb", namely

   "depr" = "deprecated" or "repl" = "replaced".

Often a sequence is kept for historical reasons, but
there is an improved new version. "depr" would clearly
indicate this fact, and that further changes,
additional programs etc. should be applied to the
improved sequence.

Regards - Georg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ermuggo/8118742971/sizes/k/in/pool-2089172@N20/