[seqfan] Re: Getting an integer sequence for a specific song

Gordon Charlton gordonrcharlton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 16:29:54 CEST 2019

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, certainly adding OEIS links is a good idea. I'll add a "further reading" appendix.

I did make quite a meal of the permutations code - I've just started learning Python, so hopefully future code won't be quite so verbose. BASIC really isn't ideal for that stuff, but it was convenient at the time.

Um, target audience will be using a variety of platforms, so my talk will be as platform agnostic as I can manage. Hence my focussing on easily described sequences. (Also it fits in with the opening quote from Ada Lovelace - "music of any degree of extent or complexity" - there's something very satisfying about producing infinite complexity and extent from such very short algorithms.)

Gordon

Sent from my iPad