[seqfan] Re: A true Mac Mahon ruler?

M. F. Hasler oeis at hasler.fr
Tue Jun 25 21:34:30 CEST 2019

Eric,
I think the NAMEs of these sequences need improvement
A2049 is called Prime numbers of measurement,
but actually it is defined as *partial sums* of  A002048
<http://oeis.org/A002048> = ( 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 10, 14, 15, 16, 21, ...)
which is also called (Segmented numbers, or) prime numbers of measurement.
These are defined as the set of numbers generated by excluding the sums of
two or more **consecutive* *earlier members.
e.g., the set has 5 = 4 + 1, but 1 and 4 are not CONSECUTIVE in that
sequence.

- Maximilian

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 2:00 PM Éric Angelini <eric.angelini at skynet.be>
wrote:

> Hello SeqFans,
> The first 8 terms of A002049 are:
> 1,3,7,12,20,30,44 and 59.
> I see that I can measure 29 in two
> ways with this ruler (I thought only
> one way was authorized):
> 30-1=29
> 59-30=29
> I am obviously missing smthg as this
> is an ancient seq. signed by Neil himself.
> Anyway -- is it possible to build a
> wooden ruler with as few as possible
> vertical marks such that all integers
> measures between 1 and 200 can