[seqfan] Re: Interesting discovery by Dan Preston concerning a Recaman-like sequence

Hans Havermann gladhobo at bell.net
Sat Mar 23 14:01:58 CET 2019

AW: "This sequence has clear clustering tendencies -- it's likely that there are other numbers near 11281 that are similarly recalcitrant."

The fact that Dan Preston appears to have only fingered three numbers (11281, 22044, 36618) as failing to converge in a timely manner suggests to me that the first two of them (at least) are likely not part of such a cluster. But we should have a more definitive appraisal soon enough.